Volunteer Coordinators Forum
The Forum is managed by the Volunteer Centre. Meetings are held quarterly in Sefton and are attended by representatives from a wide range of local volunteer-involving organisations.
The meetings are very popular and offer an ideal opportunity for often isolated volunteer co-ordinators and managers to meet, discuss issues, access information and advice and participate in informal training and workshops.
The key aims of the Volunteer Co-ordinators Forum are to :
- Enable organisations to meet and discuss a range of relevant issues
- Share and develop best practice in volunteer recruitment & management
- Respond to local, regional and national volunteering strategies
- Build and sustain the capacity of local volunteer-involving organisations
- Promote and improve positive relationships between local organisations
- Recognise and promote volunteering and volunteer management
- Provide guidance and direction for the work of Volunteer Centre Sefton.
The next Volunteer Co-ordinator's Forum will be held on Wednesday 1st May 2013, 9.30am - 12.00pm, at Lakeside Christian Centre, North Promenade, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 1RY
The Forum is free to attend and will include the following workshops:-
- Disclosure and Barring Service
- Implications of job substitution by volunteers